It has been awhile since I have updated my plans, so please consider this my latest update.
First, there has been quite a debate around using pressure treate for the framing of the coop. Here is the latest word I have found on it.
I suggest you search the web and make your own decision. I am currently using ripped 2x6 ACQ lumber for the framing and am satisfied with the results. This should reduce the cost of both materials and labor to finish the cedar framing as specified in the plans. You have essentially a 2" x 3" framing member that can be screwed together with 3 1/2" deck screws. This eliminates the need to use the plywood gussets to hold the frame together. The younger builders might not enjoy this method as much, as it does take away lots of hammering of the gussets.
Also, the wire I am currently using is a welded 1" x 2". Here in the midwest, I have yet to find a critter that will fit through this size opening. If you know of any threats in your area, please let me know. I suppose a smaller snake could make it through and eat the eggs but this seems rare.
Also, I am trying out a new roofing product called Ondura. You can now order it through our local big box store. It is a corrugated rubberized asphalt, not as attractive as the metal, but easier to work with. It also eliminates the need to trim the sharp metal edges. Please let me know what you think of this product if you try it out. It comes in a couple of different colors.
Thanks for purchasing these plans. As you can see from the photobucket site there are many different variations on it, so let your creative juices flow.
Happy building and chicken raising!